Author, Andrew Sheldon
Global Mining Investing is a reference eBook to teach investors how to think and act as investors with a underlying theme of managing risk. The book touches on a huge amount of content which heavily relies on knowledge that can only be obtained through experience...The text was engaging, as I knew the valuable outcome was to be a better thinker and investor.
While some books (such as Coulson’s An Insider’s Guide to the Mining Sector) focus on one particular commodity this book (Global Mining Investing) attempts (and does well) to cover all types of mining and commodities.
Monday, October 22, 2007
1. The better online financial resources - all in English
2. The greater range of enterprises to invest in - number and industry diversity
3. The greater trading liquidity
The benefit of this list of fastest growing enterprises is that it might at some point help us to identify a future 'Google'. The flipside is that because these companies are 'growth companies' they trade at a premium - that is they are trading on a high PE ratio. The high rating might be justified, particularly if:
1. The growth in earnings has been maintained over a number of years -say 5 years or the CEO has a very good track record elsewhere.
2. The company still holds just a minor market share
3. The company shows a propensity for acquisition and has a successful track record absorbing those take over targets
4. The industry is in need of consolidation
You can use the link to look at the best performers over a number of years. I personally however like companies with a negative track record because at some point:
1. They will be taken over or turned around by new management
2. They become over-sold, often to the point that they are trading below asset values
You can view foreclosed properties listed for as little as $US10,000 in Japan thanks to depopulation and a culture that is geared towards working for the state. I bought foreclosed properties in Japan and now I reveal all in our expanded 350+page report. The information you need to know, strategies to apply, where to get help, and the tools to use. We even help you avoid the tsunami and nuclear risks since I was a geologist/mining finance analyst in a past life. Check out the "feedback" in our blog for stories of success by customers of our previous reports.
Download Table of Contents here.